Friday, February 16, 2024

MIT's Missing Semester online course


I came across this very useful MIT open learning course.

Over the years I've absorbed enough unix/linux ability to be able to stumble around in the accounts I use. Mostly for web development.

It appears that many MIT curricula put students into a similar situation. And this course is to fill in the gaps in their (my!) skills at using the OS from the command line.

Shell scripting. Useful commands that I'd never heard of. A great illustration of using piping and redirection to splice commands together. Also a great overview of using the version control system 'git' from the command line.

I'm only halfway through, and I've already learned a bunch of things that I'll use all the time.

The Missing Semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers