Monday, January 29, 2024

Monday Message - Jan 29, 2024

 Monday Message

January 29, 2024

Amtrak Downeaster

Hi!

I'm pretty sure no one noticed, but I missed last week's message here. I hope to not miss it very often.

My goal is to spend 2024 focussing on building my work in creating, and my audience for, content about things other than General Aviation.

I'm sure most of you know my work on the Uncontrolled Airspace Podcast -- with Jeb Burnside and Dave Higdon. And I'll continue to be involved with that. But I want to concentrate more this year on creating other media things, about other subjects that interest me.

For the first few months I'll be experimenting. Dabbling in too many subject areas and media forms. But eventually I hope to discover the intersection of, what I'm most interested in, and what you all want to see.

My work with the UCAP podcast has been almost exclusively audio, but in this new work I'm very interested in the visual arts.

I'll be experimenting and learning about shooting and editing video, creating motion graphics, 3D modeling and video effects... and whatever else I discover along the way.

The subjects I'll be exploring will start out with my longstanding passion for science and technology, but I think I'll also be looking into lifestyle things, pop culture, and maybe even politics and social matters.

And I'm thinking that (fair warning) you may be seeing my face more than ever.

Part of my plan is to try doing both video blogs ("vlogs") as well as video livestreams.

This new level of "being seen" is complicated by both my personal concerns about my "old guy" appearance, as well as one practical, cosmetic matter:

During the pandemic's isolation times I developed the (bad) habit of not shaving on a regular basis. "Shaving", in this instance, being an all encompassing euphemism for a variety of personal hygiene activities which are not so important when you're on your own 100% of the time, but should be dealt with more often when interacting with, or appearing in front of, others.

I need to get back into the habit of being presentable on a regular basis.

That in itself may be a worthwhile accomplishment for 2024.

Please follow me.

If you've been forwarded this mesaage, or just stumbled upon it, and you like it, please become a FREE FOLLOWER of me on Patreon. I'll be publishing mostly non General Aviation content, in the areas of science & technology, visual arts, lifestyle, pop-culture, and other things that strike my fancy.

We published a new episode of Uncontrolled Airspace this past week. With guest co-host Amy Laboda. Check it out here.

We also recorded an episode with guest co-host, the redoubtable 😉, Steve Tupper. I'm hoping that one will get posted sometime this week.

Found on the Net

And here're some things from the net that I found interesting since we last talked.

-- Yet another way to cook bacon.

-- Cool maps showing which Oceans the World's rivers flow into:

-- A story about bicycle touring along Nevada's US Route 50. I've driven "the lonliest road in America" It's an amazing place.

-- Sadly, I'm going to arrive late to Sun 'n Fun this year. The day before the opening of this year's fly-in is the day of the total solar eclipse here in the US. My home in southern NH is not under the 100% area, but it's only an hour's drive away.

I just came across this cool video which illustrates the path of the eclipse across North America.

My Socials

Since the demise of Twitter I, like so many others, have been searching for a new social media gathering place that is to my liking. I haven't found THE ONE yet. But I'm trying to stay active on these for now...If you're on any of these, please follow me. Thanks.

See ya!

That's it for this week. See you next time.


Post your comments and feedback on the Patreon page for this posting.


Previous Messages


Issue: 24-03

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers