Saturday, May 22, 2010

Back to Blogging

I used to blog a lot. Multiple posts on most days. Lots of comments from readers. The whole thing.

Then it started to feel a little like an obligation. "What should I blog about today?"

And also, New Media happened... and Twitter. I was tweeting a lot, and doing a weekly podcast. The blogging faded away. Eventually down to nothing.

People asked me why I stopped. And I said, "I haven't stopped. I'm still publishing, just in different media." And I still feel that way. I feel no obligation to blog.

But...

Lately, more and more, I've felt like I had something to say that wasn't related to the subject of my podcast, or wouldn't fit in 140 characters.

I've been thinking that I wanted to blog.

So here we are. Back to blogging. I think that I will keep this up. Not daily like the old days, but whenever something occurs to me.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers