Saturday, May 29, 2010

Not a good night for Jack the baseball fan

I went to the NH Fisher Cats game last night.

Baseball is like sex: when it's good it's great, and when it's bad it's still pretty good. Last night it was only pretty good.

The Fisher Cats were in trouble from the first inning when our pitcher walked like three guys, and allowed two runs. It would have been worse if not for a couple of nice fielding plays.

By the time I left, after 6 innings, we were losing 5-1.

... Standby... Just a moment...

Well son-of-a-gun. I just went to the Fisher Cat website to get the final score, to discover that I left too early.
Eric Thames hit a three-run inside-the-park home run with two outs in the bottom of the eighth inning, David Cooper belted a two-run game-tying homer in the bottom of the ninth and Shawn Bowman drilled a walk-off single in the bottom of the tenth as the New Hampshire Fisher Cats erased a 6-1 deficit to knock off the Trenton Thunder, 7-6, on Friday night at Merchantsauto.com Stadium.
My bad. Should of waited it out. Just goes to show you...

Anyway... my "other team", the Redsox, didn't fare as well, which I discovered on the drive home. They were beaten for the second night in a row by the Kansas City Royals. The score was too painful to mention here. Suffice to say, it wasn't close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers