Friday, May 28, 2010

Sore, sore, sore


Day before yesterday I went to my new gym for my first workout in a couple months.

I did about 10 minutes of warmup on a treadmill, then I worked my way down the line of strength machines, familiarizing myself with their brand, and recalling my workout plan from the old gym.

I did an abbreviated workout on each machine. Two sets each, instead of my usual three. It all felt great.

I usually really start to feel soreness from a workout about 24 hours afterwards, and this time was no different. But this morning, about 36 hours after the workout, I'm still really feeling the soreness.

Don't get me wrong, this is not bad. It merely me paying for taking 2 months off from my fitness activities. 

And though I'm ready for the soreness to start to subside, in general I like the muscle soreness that I get from a workout. It means that I've accomplished something. It's the feeling of fitness returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers